Saturday, December 13, 2008

How it started

This is going to be pretty long. Stop now if you don't want to read anything too graphic or disturbing. This post will be full of grammatical and spelling errors.

Everything has been desensitized with no names/places/etc disclosed.

One of many reasons I wake up screaming or sleep crying. Redemption for me will be in righteous fire.

It was a very cold day... almost to the point where the sweat crusted on our clothes was frozen. I remember wearing 2 pairs of gloves, my finger barely fit into the trigger-well of what I was holding. We were walking alongside a wall to get out of the wind... it helped a lot...

I remember it clearly... we were walking when we heard a yell. Sounded like "Coff! allen bihadi" (is what I think I heard). He was shirtless and lunged out with what looked to be a scimitar... I turned my bravo fast enough to knock him down but I couldn't fire at this...range...

I don't know what got into me... I dropped my bravo to pull out my shaving knife.

My arms thrusted into his torso and upper body repeatedly on their own.

I remember someone pulling me off... my eyes saw what I did. For a moment I saw the body stand up... it must have been too cold/numb to realize it's doomed.

The guy took a couple steps towards me. The slit wounds werent bleeding... but flapping... I remember looking at them... wanting to apologize. He looked into my eyes and we looked before he fell.

It was like a scene out of a movie.



I can no longer look people in the eyes. I walk through life and see people. How can I be forgiven for the blood stained on my hands. One day I will get what I deserve. This post was hard to type.

No comments: